I. Project Background:
According to the PC-1 singed with the FATA Secretariat for PRRO 200250, WFP will provide food commodities to three departments i.e., Health, Education and Agriculture/Hujra/BEST. Here, BEST as an implementing partner of UN-WFP in providing ‘Standard Warehouse Management Services in FATA’. Our warehouse is a planned space for the storage and handling of food and non-food items in an organized manner. In general, our warehouses are focal points for commodities and information flow between sources of supply and beneficiaries.
II. Scope of Work:
BEST provides Warehouse Management Services in FATA which includes the following activities: Furthermore, BEST is not involved in any kind of transportation and distribution of commodities.
- Receiving food commodities and non-food items from WFP;
- Proper storage of the food commodities and non-food items;
- Maintenance conducive environment for commodities storage ;
- Safety and security of food commodities and non-food items at warehouse;
- Dispatch to relevant stakeholder by following standard operating procedures;
- Daily reporting to WFP;
- Standard Documentation;
- Coordination with stakeholders;
III. Other Partners of WFP in PRRO:
Beside BEST, the following are the partners of WFP in PRRO 200250 in FATA:
WFP Transport Contractor: The WFP transport contractor ‘Al-Khalil Enterprises’ is involved in the transportation of commodities from BEST warehouse to the designated locations provided by Education Deptt:, Health Deptt: and Hujra.
Hujra NGO: Hujra is the implementing partner of WFP in FFW Project.
Line Departments: Education and Health Departments are the partners of WFP in Education and Health.
PAIMAN: PAIMAN is the partner of WFP for conduction independent monitoring of the whole PRRO200250 in overall FATA.