“To contribute to poverty alleviation through provision of basic education, employable skill training and micro/ small enterprise development leading to income generation and employment opportunities in a sustainable way”
The operations of BEST are based upon and guided by certain organizational objectives that provide, on one hand, the larger framework referring to the overall socio-economic development activities in the country and ultimately contributing to the Millennium Development Goals and supplementing national & International efforts in this regard, and on the other hand, it strives to promote the culture of peace and resolve conflicts which has halted development. The main objectives are:
1. To provide the means for people (male/female) to obtain Basic Education (formal and non- formal)
2. To provide the means for people (male, female) to acquire a vocational technical or other skills.
3. To support, assist or be in any way helpful to an individual or a group of people who are intending to start a business, trade or commercial activities in any way, which is in the mandate of the organization or approved by the Board of Directors.
4. To engage in any other development and capacity building activities, which are conducive to the uplift of the poorest and neglected sectors of the society.
5. To promote Nonviolence and peace within the region.
6. To undertake any emergency and relief related activities.
BEST, is a Non-profit, Non-governmental, Non-political, Non-sectarian, Relief & Development oriented organization, registered with Directorate of Social Welfare, Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, under Voluntary Social Welfare Agencies (Registration and Control)Ordinance,1961 (XLVI of 1961) as well as with Ministry of State Affairs and Frontier Regions (SAFRON), Islamabad, Pakistan.
BEST works with a mission in view to develop the society by creating opportunities for Basic Education and Employable skills. The last decade has been very much critical for Pakistan in general and KPK in particular because of disasters either man made or natural (earth quake 2005, flood 2008 and 2010, and military operation in FATA). In these circumstances, BEST could not confine itself only to education and training and emerged a real humanitarian organization by supporting the vulnerable individuals through emergency response, early recovery, and relief and rehabilitation activities.
BEST has been working as an implementing partner of different national and international organizations like WFP, FAO, UNHCR, UNDP, UNOCHA, UNODC, SVA, Mobilink, NEF, FDA different sectors like education, health, community services, community physical infrastructure development, Livelihood, Relief & rehabilitation / reconstruction in response to Refugees case, 2005 earth quack, 2008 flood, IDPs, 2010-2011 Flood, IDPs and 2012-2013 IDPs.